Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Babies and Miracles

Today, January 13th, 2009, my beautiful cousin Denise gave birth to a healthy 9.5lb baby boy, Andrew. I can not be more excited for her, her husband Travis, and Sadie, the new big sister.

Sadie is a beautiful 3 1/2 year old who will melt your heart. She was born premature and had to stay in the hospital for what seemed like ages, but you could never tell that today. I got to spend time with her over Christmas making cookies for Santa and playing. It was such a sweet time, and I feel so blessed that she is a part of my life. Her smiles can light up a room, and her laughter is angelic.


Today, our miracle became the big sister to another miracle. Andrew was born healthy, but that in no way takes away from the fact that this new life is a miracle from God. I can't wait to meet Andrew, and get to know this little man. Here's a picture of Andrew and proud dad Travis.

This family is so special to me. I have 10 cousins total, but I would probably say that Denise is the one I am closest to (no offense to my other cousins - I love you all very much). On my dad's side of the family, there are four grandkids, my cousins Debra and Denise are sisters, then there are me and my brother. Growing up we didn't see each other too often because we lived in west Texas and they lived in Louisiana, but it seemed like every time we saw each other we had never missed a beat. It still feels like that today. She is a few years older than I am, and we are usually at different places in our lives, but that has never stopped us from being more than cousins, we are friends. She is like a big sister to me, and I love her and her gorgeous family so much. I can't wait to see you all at the end of the month and meet Mr. Andrew!

No comments:

Post a Comment