Wednesday, September 30, 2009
I was down 47 pounds at the appointment, and all my other vitals looked great. The surgeon was pleased with how my scars had healed up (most of them are not very noticeable). The dietitian was pleased with my eating habits and how much protein I was managing to get every day. She did urge me to continue to try new things, even though it is hard for me to branch out sometimes. The exercise physiologist was very pleased that I had completed a 5K and that I was walking and jogging so much. The psychologist was pleased with my 'mental state'. So, overall I would say it was a good visit!
Prior to my 3 month, and in the month since that visit, I have really been feeling great. I have a lot more energy, and have actually been enjoying my workouts! It's fun to be actually seeing results. I am finally to the stage where my clothes are getting too big, so I spent a lot of time the past two weeks going through old clothes. I had eight boxes of clothes in the garage that were all too small, but I didn't want to get rid of. You know me - they were organized by sizes! haha! So, I pulled out three boxes a couple of weeks ago, and I have gone through them and sorted them into three piles - 1. clothes to put in the closet; 2. clothes to give away (too big or don't like them anymore); 3. clothes that are still a little too snug. Of the three piles, group #1 was by far the largest! So large in fact that I didn't have anywhere to put all of my clothes! I went to Goodwill this weekend to search for jeans (3 pair for $4.50 each!) and found a small dresser for $15 as well. It was so ugly - yellow and blue - but the price was right! After contemplating, I went back and got the dresser, brought it home and painted it, and now I have a home for some of my clothes - and it looks great in my room! Yeah!
In other news....I had a crazy busy weekend. Story of my life! We had football practice Friday night, and Jaylen came home with me after practice. We came home to a flooded basement - I was not pleased! I hadn't done laundry for over two weeks, and that was my main plan for the weekend. After cleaning out the water with my trusty shop vac, and pouring professional strength drano down the drain, I hoped things were taken care of. However, Saturday afternoon it flooded again! UGH! A quick call to the landlord later and Roto-Rooter was scheduled to come out. Luckily it didn't take him too long to fix it on Sunday - but that meant I had to go to the Laundromat to get my laundry done! Not my plan for the weekend.
Highlights of the weekend, however, were: spending time at City Market with my friends Liz and Aaron. I stocked up on spices, sauce mixes, and potatoes, and picked up a pound of bison patties to try. We also visited the bike shop, browsed the art fair, and perused the antique store. I don't get to do a lot of stuff with friends, so I had a blast with Liz and Aaron! Then it was back home to cook 'breakfast' and off to football. The 4th graders won! It was a good game, and the weather was perfect for football. The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning, doing laundry, cooking, and preparing for the busy week ahead!
I'm excited that fall is here - the trees are turning, and it is a beautiful time in KC! Have a great week!
Friday, September 25, 2009
- I had my 3 month check up with the surgeon. It went great and he was very pleased with my progress. I'll dedicate a full post to it soon.
- I turned 30!!!!! I know - I can't believe it either! This was the first birthday I spent with my parents since I turned 17, and I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. I'll dedicate a full post to it soon (complete with pictures!).
- I am losing my hair. Yes, it's true. It's depressing. I knew it was a side effect of the surgery and weight loss. It will "eventually" grow back. I will NOT be dedicating a post to this - it's depressing enough as it is!
- School started. With a vengeance. I'm teaching one and a half classes and coordinating three total. On top of supervising 25 students, a brand new graduate intern, and two work studies. Oh, and I still don't have a budget to go off of, even though our Fiscal Year started July 1st. Fun times. I may dedicate a post to this in the future, kind of a 'day in the life of" - that is if you really want to know, and promise not to get bored to tears!
- I ran/walked my 2nd 5K Labor Day weekend. I did better than last time, but didn't make my goal. I'll dedicate a post to this soon.
- I went to New York City with my mom. It was an incredible 5 days. We did and saw so much in the time we were there. We took over 400 pictures (go figure!). I'll dedicate at least one post about this soon.
- I made a decision about my future. Yes, I finally did it. After being wishy-washy for 2 years, and then saying I'll do something when my job changes, I finally came to a resolution that I feel confident in. I feel that God is really moving me in the right direction, and things are starting to fall into place. Not all of this I feel comfortable sharing over the Internet because I am still fully employed and like and need my job. I'll share updates as I can, but let's just say, I'm looking forward to a hot summer next summer.
- I'm going home for a few days in October and couldn't be more excited. I'm going to spend a day or so with my cousin and her amazing kids, spend some time with my parents, hopefully see my newest baby cousin, get a much needed hair cut (if there's any left to cut by then!), and run/walk the Race for the Cure in Dallas with my awesome mom, amazing Aunt Sharon, and incredible cousin Denise. I love my family!!!!
So, see...I haven't been neglecting you. I've been a busy lady! I have already proven that my blog posts are not very short in nature, so even when I'm tempted to sit down and write a short piece, it never turns out that way. Keep close over the weekend and early next week, I'll be posting a lot of updates (that is...after I get these pesky papers and quizzes graded!!).
Love you all!