- I had my 3 month check up with the surgeon. It went great and he was very pleased with my progress. I'll dedicate a full post to it soon.
- I turned 30!!!!! I know - I can't believe it either! This was the first birthday I spent with my parents since I turned 17, and I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. I'll dedicate a full post to it soon (complete with pictures!).
- I am losing my hair. Yes, it's true. It's depressing. I knew it was a side effect of the surgery and weight loss. It will "eventually" grow back. I will NOT be dedicating a post to this - it's depressing enough as it is!
- School started. With a vengeance. I'm teaching one and a half classes and coordinating three total. On top of supervising 25 students, a brand new graduate intern, and two work studies. Oh, and I still don't have a budget to go off of, even though our Fiscal Year started July 1st. Fun times. I may dedicate a post to this in the future, kind of a 'day in the life of" - that is if you really want to know, and promise not to get bored to tears!
- I ran/walked my 2nd 5K Labor Day weekend. I did better than last time, but didn't make my goal. I'll dedicate a post to this soon.
- I went to New York City with my mom. It was an incredible 5 days. We did and saw so much in the time we were there. We took over 400 pictures (go figure!). I'll dedicate at least one post about this soon.
- I made a decision about my future. Yes, I finally did it. After being wishy-washy for 2 years, and then saying I'll do something when my job changes, I finally came to a resolution that I feel confident in. I feel that God is really moving me in the right direction, and things are starting to fall into place. Not all of this I feel comfortable sharing over the Internet because I am still fully employed and like and need my job. I'll share updates as I can, but let's just say, I'm looking forward to a hot summer next summer.
- I'm going home for a few days in October and couldn't be more excited. I'm going to spend a day or so with my cousin and her amazing kids, spend some time with my parents, hopefully see my newest baby cousin, get a much needed hair cut (if there's any left to cut by then!), and run/walk the Race for the Cure in Dallas with my awesome mom, amazing Aunt Sharon, and incredible cousin Denise. I love my family!!!!
So, see...I haven't been neglecting you. I've been a busy lady! I have already proven that my blog posts are not very short in nature, so even when I'm tempted to sit down and write a short piece, it never turns out that way. Keep close over the weekend and early next week, I'll be posting a lot of updates (that is...after I get these pesky papers and quizzes graded!!).
Love you all!