Sunday, September 21, 2008

Roses & Crazy Sundays....

I have sat down to post these pictures about three times in since Wednesday night, and it just never happened. So, now that it is Sunday afternoon and I need to be working on stuff for work tomorrow (yuck!), I decided now is as good a time as ever!


My cake class is going good; its a four week class, so I only have one week left. Last week we learned how to start a rose - but for people like me who don't like to start something and not finish it, she showed us how to finish it. She promised we'd have a lot more time this week to practice - I sure hope so! I also learned how to make a couple of different flowers as well as some other cool techniques like the shell boarder. We were supposed to make this cake with icing clowns on the top, but not being a big fan of clowns, I opted to do cupcakes with flowers and balloons - unique, I know.


So, here's some pictures of my first roses and the cupcakes I made:





So, tomorrow I have an Open House for work. Basically, its a come-and-go reception for the faculty on campus. We post our most recent data for them and showcase the different facets of our program. I bravely have nominated myself to decorate the cake for the open house. I figure it if looks terrible, I can always cut it up before anyone gets there! Hahaha! I did however, decide to buy the cake already iced so all I will be in charge of is putting the logo on the top. So, in addition to compiling the data for the display board for the open house, and grading 60 journals and assignments from my classes this past Friday, and writing detailed lesson plans for the next two weeks, I have to ice a cake! I am currently questioning my sanity! At least I have the Ryder Cup and the Cowboys to keep me occupied! I'll post pictures of the cake for work tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment