Sunday, September 7, 2008

Plan to Plan


I am a planner. So much so that I plan to plan....yes, I make plans about when I am going to plan things. Laugh if you want, but when you are wasting time trying to decide what to do, I am getting ahead - because I had a plan and you didn't!!!! Along with the planning, I am typically one of the most decisive people I know; I always know what I want to do, when I want to do it, and how I want to go about doing it. When I go to eat with a group of friends, I always know where I want to go; when I went to college, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. That's just me.
Until now. I'm embracing what some researchers call the "Quarter-Life Crisis". I am not exactly at a crossroads, but I feel like I am, thus making me feel like I need to make decisions. The main one: Do I stay in Kansas City, or do I look for a job in Texas? That's a tough one - and for the first time in my life, I feel completely baffled and indecisive. I have been struggling with this decision for close to a year now, and change my mind at least once a week. However.....I now have a plan...albeit a contingency plan. But a least it's a plan, right? I won't go into too many details at this point, but stay tuned. The bottom line is at least I can sleep a little easier, because I have a plan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment