Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Game I Love



After playing golf almost every day for so many years, it feels weird to have gone the whole summer without playing. I've been itching to play, but haven't made the time. At the same time, I have been spending Tuesday afternoons/evenings with Jaylen, my friend Willie's son. Jaylen is 8 and in the 3rd grade, and is quite the athlete. He loves basketball, but his passion is football. So, this Tuesday I decided I would introduce him to golf! It was so funny! He is so competitive and wanted to beat me so bad! We hit a few balls, basically just trying to teach him how to hold the club and a few of the basics. Here's a few pictures:



He was actually pretty good, and we had a lot of fun. It was funny to watch him after he hit it in the air the first time! Oh, I remember that days! After the driving range, we went to the putting green for some more friendly competition. I must say, it didn't take long for it to all start coming back to me.

All in all, it was a fun day in the beautiful weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment