Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Advice from childhood

Remember when your mom used to tell you, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?" Well, your mom might not have told you that, but I'm pretty sure my mom told me many times when I was younger. So, that is why I have not been blogging too much lately. I really don't have anything nice to say. I'm sorry; it is the truth. I have had episodes recently (one as recent as 10 minutes ago), where I ask myself "What else can go wrong?". Ever have those days? I'm sure you do.

For the most part, things are good. I have an amazing family; I enjoyed a great trip to Indiana two weekends ago; I am having fun being the "team mom" for a 4th grade football team my friend coaches; I have good friends and coworkers; I love the house I live in; I have a great job; my mom and I are planning an awesome trip to New York in September; and my birthday is coming up (well, that one is some good/some bad!).

On the other hand there are some things that are not all good. Those are the things that consume me, frustrate me, overwhelm me, and cause me to not have nice things to say. I don't like being fake. I'm one of those people who can act like I like anyone or anything if that is what the situation calls for, but I don't feel like doing that right now. Especially on my own blog. So, if I don't have anything genuinely nice to say, I'm just not going to say anything at all. In the mean time, I'll look for something nice to say, and I appreciate your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment