Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Here we go....

Today marks day 1 of the liquid only diet. This portion will last the entire two weeks before my surgery. When I first heard it was a liquid diet, I wasn't too worried, because I figured I could have soups, jello, broth, smoothies, etc. Boy was I wrong! I am limited to water and protein shakes. Fun times! I'll keep you updated on how it's going.

In other news, I went home this past weekend and had an absolute blast. I was able to attend my mother's district-wide retirement recognition banquet. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad my brother and I were both able to attend. On Friday I spent the day with my cousin making cakes, on Saturday I played golf with my brother and dad and my brother's roommate (and I won, by the way...but no bragging here! :-) ). On Saturday afternoon we went to Hillsboro to see my cousin Christen who was home from Boston for the weekend. Then on Sunday we attended Andrew's baptism and had lunch with my dad's side of the family. I had a great weekend, and as always, it was hard to come back to Kansas City. It always takes a few days to settle back in. This time, however, with all the dietary and medication changes due to the impending surgery, it is taking a little bit longer.

Two weeks and counting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment