Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 3

Just imagine with me for a minute that you are only to drink protein shakes and water for 14 days. Think you could do it? I didn't either! I'm only on Day 3, but I am happy to report that I am, in fact, surviving! The first day wasn't too hard; the second day was torture! Today isn't too bad, and hopefully by tomorrow I will not be thinking about food constantly! (One can dream....)

The last two weeks have been more frustrating, but also promising. If any of you have ever had body image issues, you will probably know what I am talking about! First and foremost, it is no secreat that I LOVE clothes. Oh, my gosh, do I love clothes. I loved dresses, I love dressing up, I love doing my hair and wearing jewelry. I love looking pretty and feminine, and put together. What goes right along with loving clothes......SHOPPING! It has long been a dream of mine to be a professional shopper. I would love it! I even like shopping for other people, I'm not selfish! ;-) However, this past year especially, I have not loved clothes. I can't find or keep clothes that fit me right, I don't like the way I look in clothes, and I don't even like getting dressed some days. This morning, for example, I laid in bed for an extra 45 minutes simply because I was putting off getting dressed. That is so not like me. Two weekends ago was the Brookside Art Festival. I have been before and loved it. I didn't go this year, becuase I didn't feel like myself. This has happened many times over the past months. Luckily, I only have a few more weeks of this. That is the promising part. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment