Sunday, April 19, 2009

Long Break.....and finally some news

I never intend to have such long breaks between posts, but I guess life just gets in the way. Here are some recent updates:
- I finished all of my 'pre-approval' stuff for my surgery, and my claim *should* be in the hands of the insurance company by now. I say should because I have not been able to get in touch with the Dr's assistant for the past week. I'm very hopeful, but VERY nervous at this point. I really want/need this surgery (depending on what lens you look at it through). I will post more about what the surgery actually is and give details when I find out if I have been approved.

- I went home for Easter, and had SO much fun! (I know that was a week ago, bear with me!) I flew in Thursday night and spent the evening with my parents. It was so good to have some time with just the three of us. Friday morning received a much needed hair cut and color. (I was developing some seriously scary roots!). Friday afternoon my mom, dad, brother, and I all headed down to Hillsboro to see my Aunt Tena and Uncle Steve, and my cousin Courtney, her husband Cody, and their amazingly adorable son Brayden. We had such a good time! We talked and visited and talked some more, ate an amazing supper of home-raised steaks, and took pictures in the bluebonnets. Note: I am not posting any of these pictures, because I do not have any of them. That is what happens when you give someone else the film and/or camera card! HINT HINT PEOPLE!!!! After an eventful Friday, I got up Saturday and went with my Aunt Sharon to Plano to Sadie's church Easter Egg Hunt. Let's just say it was FREEZING!!! We had a good time, though. Sadie wasn't too into the egg hunt, but we saw (not petted - saw) the animals in the petting zoo, she jumped in the bounce house, and went down the huge slide, and basically enjoyed the attention of all the adults! From there we went to lunch then back home to make eggs for Sunday, and hung out and visited, then finished the evening with my parents and Uncle Andy joining us for dinner. Then on Sunday, we had church, everyone over for lunch at my parents, watched Sadie hunt eggs in the house because it was pouring down rain, and loved on Andrew. All in all, it was an amazing weekend, and I didn't even mind too much the delayed flight on the way back to Kansas City.

- Work update: I finally found out this week that I do in fact have a job for next school year. I have talked about the uncertainty before, but the stress of it was really weighing on me, so I'm glad to have a definitive answer. However....it is not exactly the job I have right now. I'll post more about it later because it is a full post in itself.

I'm actually writing this from work on Sunday evening, so I'm going to wrap this up and get some more work done before I head back home to find something to make for dinner!

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment