Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas in Dallas.....



....is my favorite time of year!!!


I'm still recovering from an action packed Christmas! Mimi and I drove to Dallas this year so we would have more room to bring back presents (haha!). After a 7.5 hour drive complete with a Starbuck's latte, a book on tape, and two spills - my latte and Mimi's water - on my my white shirt, we made it to my parent's house. Every Christmas is fun and special, and this one was no different. I'll admit, I had a lot on my mind and a lot to do the weeks and days leading up to my trip, and I was feeling a little stressed, but once I got in the car a lot of that stress melted away. In addition to lots of family time and delicious food, some highlights of my trip were:

  • Seeing Christen and Andrew before they headed back to Boston. I'm so glad I got to see her before baby Rogers comes in the spring!!!
  • Spending time with my Aunt Tena, Uncle Steve, Courtney, Cody, Brayden, and Dawson (in addition to my family and Christen & Andrew) at El Fenix.
  • Enjoying the day with my Mom's family, including two of my great-aunts.
  • One-on-one time with my Gran-Gran (that doesn't happen too often in big families!)
  • Dinner with the Dabners and a heated game of Catch Phrase
  • Having a girls day starting with manis and pedis with my mom, then getting my hair cut and colored by my favorite stylist, then a girls night out.
  • Girl's night out with Denise at Fireside Pies, Urban Crust, and 32 Degrees Rooftop Bar.
  • Quality time with Sadie, Andrew, Denise, and Travis
  • A White Christmas in Dallas!!!! Beautiful Christmas Eve snowfall.
  • Fun family time with my dad's side of the family. Good food, conversation, and games.
  • After Christmas shopping at IKEA!
  • Watching Blindside
  • Getting snowed out of KC and returning a day late!

I hope you had a blessed holiday! I'm looking forward to the new year. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment