....is my favorite time of year!!!
I'm still recovering from an action packed Christmas! Mimi and I drove to Dallas this year so we would have more room to bring back presents (haha!). After a 7.5 hour drive complete with a Starbuck's latte, a book on tape, and two spills - my latte and Mimi's water - on my my white shirt, we made it to my parent's house. Every Christmas is fun and special, and this one was no different. I'll admit, I had a lot on my mind and a lot to do the weeks and days leading up to my trip, and I was feeling a little stressed, but once I got in the car a lot of that stress melted away. In addition to lots of family time and delicious food, some highlights of my trip were:
- Seeing Christen and Andrew before they headed back to Boston. I'm so glad I got to see her before baby Rogers comes in the spring!!!
- Spending time with my Aunt Tena, Uncle Steve, Courtney, Cody, Brayden, and Dawson (in addition to my family and Christen & Andrew) at El Fenix.
- Enjoying the day with my Mom's family, including two of my great-aunts.
- One-on-one time with my Gran-Gran (that doesn't happen too often in big families!)
- Dinner with the Dabners and a heated game of Catch Phrase
- Having a girls day starting with manis and pedis with my mom, then getting my hair cut and colored by my favorite stylist, then a girls night out.
- Girl's night out with Denise at Fireside Pies, Urban Crust, and 32 Degrees Rooftop Bar.
- Quality time with Sadie, Andrew, Denise, and Travis
- A White Christmas in Dallas!!!! Beautiful Christmas Eve snowfall.
- Fun family time with my dad's side of the family. Good food, conversation, and games.
- After Christmas shopping at IKEA!
- Watching Blindside
- Getting snowed out of KC and returning a day late!
I hope you had a blessed holiday! I'm looking forward to the new year. God Bless.